Experts provide help with assignments of all academic levels and disciplines.
Recommendations for Growth1. Stop the dollar special for each week: 1st step is to stop the dollar special promotion immediately. This ...Business,Food,
The internet is no man’s land. The whole world has been melted into a global village as the Internet pervades the homes, offices and even phones...Cyber Security,Internet Security,Technology,
People eat fast food when they do not have enough time to manage themselves a great scrumptious meal due to busy work or research study. Junk fo...China,Culture,Fast Food,Food,Happiness,Socrates,
What are the basic facts?Merck & Co. Inc. is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies in the world for producers of prescrip...Business,Economy,Pharmaceutical Industry,Trust,
Many theories and assumptions have been fabricated upon the basis of man’s desires and beliefs. H. L. Mencken wrote, “The average man does not w...Freedom,Liberty,Patrick Henry,Security,
Leisure time may not come very frequently for students and should therefore be used wisely. Students should value this time as taking time out f...Education,Time,
Answer the following questions regarding simple machine systems. Each question requires proper illustration and annotation, including labeling o...Activity,
Nancy Mairs’ searched for months for something on television or in the media that represented women like her. When I say “women like her”, this ...Disability,
Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter, or much better referred to as Beyonce, is an American singer-songwriter and actress. Beyonce would be thought ab...Beyonce,Inspiration,
The major irony in Of Mice and Men is that George kills Lennie because of their friendship. George kills Lennie to spare him from a worse death....Irony,Of Mice And Men,
“Access the efficiency of the criminal justice system in dealing with young wrongdoers” The criminal justice system’s goals to be reliable in ha...Criminal Justice,Criminal Justice System,
Although, Chris’s father Walt McCandless and Ronald Franz spent a lot of time with him, both offered him different level of support. Walt McCand...Into The Wild,
From a cursory search on “defensive driving” via Google, it became obvious to me that defensive driving courses are highly in demand and a huge ...Driving,
Using information from the items and elsewhere, examine the reasons for changing patterns of marriage, cohabitation and childbearing in the last...Divorce,Family,Human Nature,Marriage,
Cooper Industries was organized in 1919 as a manufacturer of heavy machinery and equipment. By the mid-1950s it was a leading producer of engine...Industry,Sales,Strategy,
Whole Foods Market, Inc. which is headquartered in Austin, Texas, is an American foods supermarket chain it was founded by John Mackey who curre...Business,Food,
1. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are best friends that have many things in common and many things that are not in common. Tom is better at using his ...Huck Finn,
In Punjab the life is lead in a different style. A tradition of living life with fun and gaiety, enjoying very moment, can be seen here. Glimpse...Festival,
Carl Robins, a junior recruiter for ABC, Inc, with only a limited amount of experience, commendably retained 15 new employees in April. The newe...Case Study,Employment,Recruitment,
In the story In Another Country, one of Hemingway’s greatest themes is the implausibility of war, focusing on the fate of the soldiers in the af...Bravery,Country,Irony,
Nursing According to Imogene King
As Hall (1965) says; “To look at and listen to self is often too difficult without the help of a significant figure (nurturer) who has learned how to hold up a mirror and sounding board to invite the behaver to look and listen to himself. If he accepts the invitation, he will explore the concerns in his acts and as he listens to his exploration through the reflection of the nurse, he may uncover in sequence his difficulties, the problem area, his problem, and eventually the threat which is dictating his out-of-control behavior.
The individual human who is 16 years of age or older and past the acute stage of a long-term illness is the focus of nursing care in Hall’s work. The source of energy and motivation for healing is the individual care recipient, not the health care provider. Hall emphasizes the importance of the individual as unique, capable of growth and learning, and requiring a total person approach.
Loeb Center focuses on providing an environment that is conducive to self-development. In such a setting, the focus of the action of the nurses is the individual, so that any actions taken in relation to society or environment are for the purpose of assisting the individual in attaining a personal goal. Nursing is identified as consisting of participation in the care, core, and cure aspects of patient care.
The Care Circle
- It represents the nurturing component of nursing and is exclusive to nursing. Nurturing involves using the factors that make up the concept of mothering (care and comfort of the person) and provide for teaching-learning activities.
- The professional nurse provides bodily care for the patient and helps the patient complete such basic daily biological functions as eating, bathing, elimination, and dressing. When providing this care, the nurse’s goal is the comfort of the patient.
- Providing care for a patient at the basic needs level presents the nurse and patient with an opportunity for closeness. As closeness develops, the patient can share and explore feelings with the nurse.
The Core Circle
It is based in the social sciences, involves the therapeutic use of self, and is shared with other members of the health team.
- The professional nurse, by developing an interpersonal relationship with the patient, is able to help the patient verbally express feelings regarding the disease process and its effects. Through such expression, the patient is able to gain self-identity and further develop maturity.
- The professional nurse, by the use of reflective technique (acting as a mirror to the patient), helps the patient look at and explore feelings regarding his or her current health status and related potential changes in lifestyle.
- Motivations are discovered through the process of bringing into awareness the feelings being experienced. With this awareness, the patient is now able to make conscious decisions based on understood and accepted feelings and motivation.
The Cure Circle
It is based in the pathological and therapeutic sciences and is shared with other members of the health team. During this aspect of nursing care, the nurse is an active advocate of the patient.
- The motivation and energy necessary for healing exist within the patient, rather than in the health care team.
- The three aspects of nursing should not be viewed as functioning independently but as interrelated.
- The three aspects interact, and the circles representing them change size, depending on the patient’s total course of progress. Strengths/Weaknesses
- The use of the terms care, core, and cure are unique to Hall.
- Hall’s work appears to be completely and simply logical.
Hall’s work is simple in its presentation. However, the openness and flexibility required for its application may not be so simple for nurses whose personality, educational preparation, and experience have not prepared them to function with minimal structure. This and the self-imposed age and illness requirements limit the generalizability.
Hall imposed an age requirement for the application of her theory which is 16 years of age and above. This limits the theory since it cannot be disregarded that nurses are faced with pediatric clients every now and then. Even though Hall confined her concepts for that age bracket, the concepts of care, core and cure can still be applied to every age group but again, none was specified.
The only tool of therapeutic communication Hall discussed is reflection. By inference, all other techniques of therapeutic communication are eliminated. Reflection is not always the most effective technique to be used.
The concept of a patient aggregate such as having families and communities as the focus of nursing practice was not tackled. It is purely on the individual himself. Although, the role of the family or the community within the patient’s environment was modestly discussed.
In the focus of nursing care in Hall’s concepts, the individual must pass an acute stage of illness for you to successfully apply her theory. Therefore, this theory relates only to those who are ill. This indicates that no nursing contact with healthy individuals, families, or communities, and it negates the concept of health maintenance and disease prevention.Date: Oct 11,2021